Old October 26th 06, 09:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
kytelly kytelly is offline

Default East London Line Extensionmain works contracts awarded

Boltar wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:
What would have been a suitable stance for TfL to take in terms of the
procurement policy for this work?

Are companies always to be "punished" for past errors even if they have
been through due legal process?

Yes. Unless they can prove that their processes have been updated
instead of just repeating that tired old mantra "lessons have been
learned"
when in actual fact all thats happened is they've written the fine off
against tax and moved on. If I had my car serviced at a garage and
while on the motorway the wheel fell off due to their negligence do you
think I would ever go back? Why should the corporate sector be any
different?

But name me a company that is untainted?