Old October 26th 06, 10:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
PHH699 PHH699 is offline

Default Any suggestions on the best route?

"AndreaC" wrote in message

I'm about to start a new job and this will involve travelling from
Hounslow to Warren Street.

If I use the train it's a simple case of going to Waterloo and then up
on the Northern line, but I'll also have the option of using the tube.
The most obvious route there seems to be Piccadilly line to Green Park,
change to the Victoria line there and go on to Warren Street.

If using Train and Tube the "easiest" routing, in my opinion, is

SWT to Vauxhall and change to Victoria Line

Has three benefits in my opinion:

1) Vauxhall is a far easier (and shorter) change than Waterloo from train to
Tube

2) At peak hours trains to Waterloo can often be "held" outside Waterloo
waiting on a "free platform", getting off at Vauxhall avoids this.

3) Victoria Line is, in my experience, a far more reliable line than the
Northern Line.

I believe overall average journey time would be shorter and more reliable by
changing at Vauxhall.