Old October 27th 06, 07:33 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default Paul from SafeSpeed on BBC Breakfast today on Driving Offence Cameras

"Simon Hobson" wrote in message
et...
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:54:51 +0100, Brimstone wrote
(in message ):

Right so after all that you agree that traveliing at a slow speed does
not,
in itself, cause someone to crash the car they're driving.

Which is actually irrelevant to the discussion

The comment to which I responded was that travelling at an inappropriate
speed causes drivers to crash.

- that driving slowly may well
mean that YOU don't have an accident. I have personally witnessed people
who
didn't have an accident themselves but (very nearly) left a trail of
devastation in their wake. Driving excessively slowly for the condition
DOES
result in an increase of risk overall due to the effect on other road
users.

That's a verifiable fact.

I dare say you'll argue that this is the fault of those that get
frustrated,
but this would be falling into the same trap as those that pass
laws/regulations with no regard to human nature and wonder why they don't
work.

Everyone needs to have proper regard for everyone else. Some people need to
slow down (both metaphorically and vehicle speed) whilst others need to get
their wits about them and realise that other people need to make decent
progress..