Old October 27th 06, 05:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Interesting cab ride...

wrote:
istrebityel wrote:

Reading through that account, I could feel the fear/intimidation/anger
you must have felt. I mean, locking the doors!

Taxi doors lock automatically when the vehicle is moving or the footbrake is
on. The driver cannot lock passengers in in any other way. As soon as the
driver tried to climb out of his seat, the release of his footbrake would
unlock the doors. So unless they are disabled, or he has a gun, passengers
should not fear a driver who locks them in.

It sounds to me like the guy is possibly going through a messy divorce. Or
maybe he's just nuts. The Public Carriage Office can decide if he needs a
temporary break or a change of career, but they can only do that if he is
reported to them.