Old October 27th 06, 06:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Oyster incomplete journeys - further info

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 19:08:07 +0100, "Tim Roll-Pickering"

Customers carrying a season ticket (say a monthly zones 1-2 ticket)
will be charged for incomplete journeys, but at £1 or £1.50 for
journeys outside of zones, which is the same as at present.

Does that include journeys within the ticket's validity? I hope not - it
will cause chaos at a lot of NR/TfL interfaces.

Absolutely not. I have just looked at the Q&A document.

If a travelcard holder validates within their zones of validity - no
issue. If they are making an extension journey and start within their
zones of validity then there is no monetary deduction from PAYG purse on
entry - why would there be? The ticket is valid.

If a travelcard holder does not validate within the zones of their
validity then there is no issue unless the journey ends with validation
*outside* of the zonal validity. The gate or validator is unable to
resolve the journey as there is no entry - it just knows the ticket is
not valid at the destination.

*If* a Travelcard holder starts a journey and validates their card at a
station outside of their zonal validity then there will be a deduction
from their PAYG purse of £1 (starting at an origin in Z2-6D) or £1.50
(starting at an origin in Zone 1). At final exit the gate or validator
will determine if any more money needs to be deducted from PAYG for the
extension journey.

The £4 charge (or £5 for some specific journeys on NR interavailable
lines) on entry applies to people using PAYG *only*.

I must do my "how does this all work post"

HTH
--
Paul C