Old October 27th 06, 07:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default New online "Single fare finder" for Tube & DLR

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 00:00:00 +0100, Dave Arquati
wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

Dave, you do realise what you're letting yourself in for by saying
things such as that, it's practically begging for trouble! Before you
know it you'll be regarded as a conduit between the mysterious
other-world of Windsor House and this rabble-rousing group, our guide
to the realm through the looking glass ;-)

You'll notice that I didn't commit myself to actually coming up with
anything - I only said that I'd see if I could find it, not that I
*would* find it. A useful skill I've learnt (see also, "We're going to
fund a study into Crossrail" != "We're going to build Crossrail").

Someone was paying too much attention to the induction script then !?

I've been well-informed about audit trails...

Paul knows more about fares than I do anyway [points finger and runs].

Well Mr Arquati - that's your card well and truly marked ;-)

Perhaps I'd better avoid applying for placements in LU then :-)

I got hold of the requisite information thanks to some helpful sources.
Whoever mentioned a journey distance of 2 miles was correct -
cross-boundary journeys of less than two (route) miles are charged at
the single-zone fare for the more expensive of the zones crossed. Fares
changes have essentially eliminated such a distinction in the outer
zones, so this little oddity now only applies to Zone 1-2 journeys. It
also turns out that a decision was made not to extend this system fully
to the extended Jubilee line, so whilst Bermondsey to London Bridge
qualifies as a short fare, no other JLE journeys do.

It's also worth mentioning that whilst there used to also be
cross-boundary point-to-point season tickets for these journeys, the
elimination of the Z1-only travelcard (at whose price the p-2-p journeys
were charged) in favour of a Z12 travelcard meant that the p2p tickets
were no longer necessary.

--
Dave Arquati