Old October 28th 06, 06:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default London Hauptbahnhof

In message , Ian Jelf
writes

The report has a strange fascination or obsession with removing Thames
railway bridges but adding a new Charing Cross Road Bridge.

I hadn't noticed that before, but you are right - and it looks as though
the railway bridges into Blackfriars and Cannon Street would also have
become road bridges.

I hadn't really considered them being "replaced" by underground
equivalents, looking at the deep level railway tubes as being London
Underground rather than a form of Crossrail (or S-Bahn, if you see what
I mean) but that does seem to be the case.

Indeed so. I have put a scan of the map on the WWW at:
http://www.musonix.com/maps/map001.jpg

--
Paul Terry