Old October 28th 06, 06:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Oyster - Meant to make your life easier??!

wrote:
ben wrote:
Right... bear with me on this one. I am on the verge of losing it with the Oyster helpdesk.
Meant to make you life easier? What a f*cking joke.

It is a pain, but you're wrong to blame Oyster. The finger of blame
should be pointed at the National Rail companies who have been refusing
to use Oyster until very recently (and even now, with Ken agreeing to
pay for it all, it's still going to take another two or three years!).

No, TfL is wrong to be punishing people for not using Oyster when they
know that (for whatever reason) it is not fully available yet.

Are we really expected to think "TfL is punishing me for what my local
TOC won't do. It must be my fault for not lobbying the TOC hard
enough."? That certainly isn't my reaction.

The travelling public is being collectively punished for the "crimes"
of the TOCs (who would no doubt have a very different view about where
the blame lies).