Old October 28th 06, 09:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Earl Purple Earl Purple is offline

Default Oyster - Meant to make your life easier??!

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 01:58:28 -0500, wrote:

As someone has suggested the nearest Oyster ticket stop is going to be
the best option - assuming you have one nearby. I think any system
might struggle to provide you with the flexibility you demand given how
unpredictable your mode of transport is for any given week. That's not
to blame you - it's just it is difficult to cope with every possible set
of circumstances.

I can assure you that huge efforts were made to try to get National Rail
stations to join in with Oyster (in terms of being able to sell tickets
on the cards or add value) but the train companies were not interested.
They cannot be forced by TfL to adopt the technology so for now there is
a split level of service between LU / DLR locations and almost all TOC
stations. It is in the process of being resolved but will take a number
of years to implement - sorry.

DLR allows pre-pay but doesn't allow you to renew an Oyster season
ticket at their stations.
During a period when I would begin my journeys at either Pudding Mill
Lane or Gallions Reach
I couldn't buy Oyster season tickets at either of those stations.

And I couldn't buy them online because they kept asking for some
security answer that I never
gave and there was no way to retrieve a lost one.