Old October 29th 06, 10:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Olof Lagerkvist Olof Lagerkvist is offline

Default Class 450 PA System "Hacked"

D7666 wrote:

Having said that, they are on sale in UK, and (not sure) I think I read
somewhere they carry CE marks which sort of makes them European legal
(cue pedantic discussion UK v. EU law).

The CE mark does not make them legal, it is just a guarantee from the
manufacturer that they are legal in the EU. The real difference is that
if they in fact are illegal the manufacturer is held responsible and not
the consumer/user.

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451