Old October 29th 06, 10:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
BH Williams BH Williams is offline

Default Class 450 PA System "Hacked"

"Olof Lagerkvist" wrote in message
D7666 wrote:

Having said that, they are on sale in UK, and (not sure) I think I read
somewhere they carry CE marks which sort of makes them European legal
(cue pedantic discussion UK v. EU law).

The CE mark does not make them legal, it is just a guarantee from the
manufacturer that they are legal in the EU. The real difference is that if
they in fact are illegal the manufacturer is held responsible and not the
consumer/user.

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451

Surely the CE mark simply indicates that they conform to the norms/standards
applicable to their construction, and has no bearing on their legality or
illegality in use?
Brian