Old October 30th 06, 10:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tony Naggs Tony Naggs is offline

Default Strange DLR services this weekend

In article ,
Colin Rosenstiel wrote
In article , (Tony
Naggs) wrote:

Lots of weird stuff for anime, tv shows, games, robot wars robots
and goodness knows what at the London Expo this weekend:
http://www.londonexpo.com/

It was a Manga convention apparently.

It only used one hall, the smallest one I think. Yes, stalls selling
manga, plus US tv & film actors posing for photos and things for many
other types of enthusiast.

My younger daughter was there with
a group of friends. She didn't mention any transport issues. They got to
London about 10 am.

On Sunday the travel was not so great. Cambridge station tried to sell
me a 'One' travelcard: "when is the next train to Liverpool Street?"
"xx:51" "That is an hour's wait, no thanks, could I have a proper
Travelcard, please, so I can catch the bus outside about to leave for
Stevenage."

At least I had seen the poster about the Cambridge to Stevenage
engineering works during the week. In London I found that the DLR was
closed between Tower/Bank and Poplar. Coming back I went via Stratford
to Liverpool Street only to find that the bus station was closed. I
could not find any map to show where the 214 & 205 were supposed to be
running from instead. (Well possibly in WHSmith, but the circle line
tube entrance was nearer.)

- Tony
--
"If you don't know, invent." - Robert Baden-Powell