Old October 31st 06, 11:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] patrick1971@gmail.com is offline

Default Constant weekend engineering work (was: Strange DLR services this weekend)

And before anyone says anything, yes, I know engineering work has to be
done. Yes, I know it's generally done on the weekends because this
will (theoretically) cause disruption to fewer people than if it were
done during the week. Yes, I know there is a maintenance backlog due
to years of underinvestment that's all Mrs Thatcher's fault.

But it just seems to me from casual observation that there is an
incredible amount of weekend engineering work going on, and that as a
weekend passenger you're more than likely to run into it on more than
one leg of your journey. This can't be good for promoting public
transport as an alternative to the car.

Patrick