Old November 1st 06, 12:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
chunky munky chunky munky is offline

Default Do national rail tickets work at Faringdon?

Heracles Pollux wrote:

I remember 10 years ago, the London Transport goon squad wouldn't let me out
at Faringdon without purchasing a penalty ticket even though I had a valid
National Rail ticket to London which was acceptable at King's Cross or City
Thameslink. I was miffed at being asked to pay £2 a day extra towards London
Transport without even setting foot in a tube train.

I've got a funeral / memorial tomorrow for a dear friend in the city and
will be travelling on a National Rail ticket.

Could the group please tell me if this anomaly has been corrected?

It appears that Faringdon is now being classed as both TFL and National
Rail.

I've printed out my national rail plan and will be ready for a fight /
argument / stand off tomorrow unless I hear otherwise. I'll be asking
specifically for a ticket to Faringdon tomorrow.

The only National Rail tickets valid for entry/exit at Farringdon are
those marked London Zone 1 or named as Farringdon. Tickets marked
London Terminals are not permitted and you could also be subject to a
penalty fare.
Tickets marked with a + (cross london LU transfer) are valid through
Farringdon but not to exit/enter the station.