Old November 3rd 06, 11:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Heracles Pollux Heracles Pollux is offline

Default Do national rail tickets work at Faringdon?

"asdf" wrote in message
On 1 Nov 2006 07:07:37 -0800, wrote:

The only National Rail tickets valid for entry/exit at Farringdon are
those marked London Zone 1 or named as Farringdon.

...or "London Thameslink"

I have bought return tickets from Gatwick Airport to Kings Cross
Thameslink. Can I use them to and from Farringdon instead?

Yes, the National Rail Conditions of Carriage allow you to do this
(unless the conditions of the ticket say you can't, but this doesn't
apply to any of the Gatwick to KXTL fares). I assume the (LU) staff at
Farringdon are sufficiently well versed in the NRCoC to not give you
any hassle.

Well at Farringdon, there is now a sign saying you need a ticket to
Farringdon and my specific ticket worked correctly.

Much obliged for the advice.