Old October 11th 03, 12:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default The Real Underground Map

Alan O'Brien wrote:
"Richard J." wrote in message
Peter Sumner wrote:
On 8 Oct 2003 16:51:47 -0700, (Sam) wrote:

I've been reading some posts recently that asked about the
availability of a geographical underground map. FYI, I have
designed a flash animation with collaboration with the London
Transport Museum that shows the relationship between the London
Underground Map, a geographical map and shows a streetmap too -
just in case there are any doubters. Just thought you might find
it interesting...
Click on the link to The Real Underground at:
http://www.fourthway.co.uk

Its fascinating, I'd seen it before but had not noticed you could
superimpose the street map.

One small issue is that in the cartographic version Farringdon (I
think) has been incorrectly labeled as Moorgate. It's a shame you
have not indicated the positions of all of the stations, then I
could be sure it was Farringdon and not Barbican.

Yes, it is Farringdon, because that's where the bend in the Circle
line occurs.

It's very well done, even including gradual colour changes for the
lines that changed colour after 1933 (e.g. Bakerloo red to brown).
If I may suggest one change, it would be to include the kink in the
Waterloo and City, which runs from Waterloo to Blackfriars, then
turns right to run underneath Queen Victoria Street (nearly) as far
as Bank.

If there are any more criticisms then the map is simply going to be
thrown into the dustbin.
OK?

You'd better tell that to the bloke that asked for a circular Circle line,
then.
;-)

--
Richard J.