Old November 3rd 06, 03:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Questions on the 2016 London Transport map esp the trams

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, asdf wrote:

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 19:11:07 +0000, Paul Corfield wrote:

There are other errors such as showing Thameslink 2000 (hah!) but still
showing a service to Moorgate. The Moorgate to Finsbury Park line is
missing and yet the link out of Kings Cross from Thameslink is shown -
eh?

Oddly, it doesn't show all of TL2k - none of the new branches south of
the river are shown.

Yes, that really is odd. Maybe they hadn't made their minds up about what
was going to happen down there at that point.

Crossrail to Maidenhead also isn't shown; i'm not sure if this is an
omission, or whether that wasn't the plan at the time.

As well as Shoreditch, Watford Met is still shown, even though it will
close if the Croxley Link does go ahead.

I don't think this is certain. ISTR LU more or less saying it would be
Mill Hilled.

It also still shows Euston-Watford all stations, and no Bakerloo Line to
Watford, but perhaps the map was drawn up before those changes were
decided.

Again, i don't think this idea that the bakerloo will completely replace
the Euston service is definite. Since it's quite a silly idea, i certainly
hope it isn't!

tom

--
The sun just came out, I can't believe it