Old November 4th 06, 02:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default Do national rail tickets work at Faringdon?

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 12:00:52 -0000, "Heracles Pollux"
wrote:

"zin92" wrote in message
roups.com...

Heracles Pollux wrote:

...and then some black man in a blue hat
wouldn't let me out the other end without an argument...

And the significance of a "black" man is...?

His distinguishing features we

1. He was black.
2. He had a blue hat.

This is a bit like saying, "I saw a red car drive past".

And in neither case need the adjective be used. That you use it, in
the case of the man in particular, says a lot about you.