Old November 4th 06, 09:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morris Jonathan Morris is offline

Default F&*&%^& toilets

Paul Scott wrote:
However the Southeastern 376s have no toilets and minimum seating, and don't
appear to have caused a media frenzy, neither have the intended 'Overground'
units based on 376s for the future NLR stock.

The 313s on FCC have no toilets but I can't say if that's a problem or
not (media coverage or not). All I know is that I've been on one at
night, and nearly found myself needing to relieve myself before I got
to my station. I held it, but I am sure there have been incidents -
which might explain why they only have vinyl flooring.

With regards to SWT, I do think the toilet needing more frequent
emptying will be an issue now that it effectively gets twice the usage.
If they do 'service it' more often, and clean them at the same time,
then it could actually be a benefit - but is that likely?

Jonathan