Old November 5th 06, 10:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Londoncityslicker Londoncityslicker is offline

Default Saturday Parking in Kingston Upon Thames

Ian F. wrote:
"Neillw001" wrote in message
oups.com...

consumer's lust for purchases around this time will ensure roads are
jammed, holding up buses as well.

Yes, and we wouldn't want to hold up Ken's adored buses, would we, with
their precious cargo of chavvy schoolkids eating Big Macs, the unwaged and
unwashed? ;-)

Ian

Well, I eventually parked in the new Seven Kings car park. (the one
behind the Bentall/John Lewis car parks. A slightly further walk but a
bit cheaper.

SWMBO didn't leave home till a little later. So it wasn't the maraton
shopping expedition I had dreaded. But we still stayed until closing
time (7pm in Waitrose). Seven Kings only charge up to 6pm which means
your last hour (6-7pm) is free which is a nice bonus.

Still like to know if there is all day parking somewhere in Kingston
which isn't too expensive.
I'm on the wrong side for the park and ride and public transport is
just ineffective for where I come from and useless if you have a fair
amount of shopping.

A.