Old November 6th 06, 06:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tristán White Tristán White is offline

Default Canning Town taxi rank (was F&*&%^& toilets)

Dave Arquati wrote in
:

Come on, you know you want to. I presume you've tried contacting TfL
about it directly? There's also your London Assembly member and your
local councillor, although Newham can sometimes be, shall we say,
rather unproductive.

No, I contacted Tony Banks RIP about it, when he was still my MP, and I
contacted Sir Robin Wales about it (the mayor), and got an automated
response about it but nothing since.

I'll try Robin Wales again, as he was actually very helpful when I
suggested a glass recycling thingy at the bottom of my road (Tunmarsh Lane
and Beaumont Road junction), and a couple of weeks later I got a reply
saying that they agreed it would be useful, and a week later there it was.

I was impressed. Even if all the letters were addressed to the person who
died in this house aged 99 back in 1998 when we bought it :-) Even though
the email form I sent them was in my name.

I haven't contacted TfL about it, no. Perhaps that would be better.

It would be so handy though to have a proper taxi rank there, that is used,
and that is accessible from the bus station without leaping over the gate
or walking the long way round (by when you'd miss the taxi and the bus!).