Old November 10th 06, 12:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
purple pete purple pete is offline

Default Piccadilly Line Automated Announcements

Ironically, I tried to encourage one of the Arnos Grove crew to become a
professional announcer, because he has the best voice of anyone I've ever
met.

Send him to Wembley Park to replace the drone that makes those
announcements. Has the most monotone (northern accent) and sounds like he
is about to slit his wrists..and to make matters worse its obviously in a
loop so you cant get away - which leads me to notice how that since the
station has been rebuilt how they never stop making announcements. The
other day whilst waiting around 6 mins for a train there must have been
around 10 announcements announcing no smoking/dont slip on wet
surface/weekend service interupptions/good service on Met line/bad service
on etc.../stand behind yellow line at all times etc etc etc