Old November 11th 06, 01:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Blackfriars Railway Bridge

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 wrote:

See this site, for details of the closed stations.
http://www.disused-stations.org.uk . There were three stations between
Elephant & Castle and Blackfriers; Camberwell, Walworth Road and Borough
Road, and an Eastern curve North of Snow hill, towards Aldersgate Street
and Moorgate street.

Cheers, i didn't know about the Borough Road station. I'm surprised they
put a station there, so close to Elephant & Castle, rather than somewhere
like Union Street.

However, neither Camberwell nor Walworth Road is between Elephant and
Castle and Blackfriars, though; only Borough Road and Blackfriars Bridge
are.

There were also platforms on the West curve at Loughborough Junction,
and on the main line at Clapham and Wandsworth Rooad.

I don't understand what you mean by "on the main line at Clapham and
Wandsworth Road"; i'm probably being very dense here, but the Holborn line
doesn't go anywhere near either of those roads ...

tom

--
The final chapter, prophetic, poetic