Old November 11th 06, 05:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Gold card extension/ticket advice

"Dave Newt" wrote in message

Sometimes when I ask for Hertford East to Bounday Zone 3, my ticket says
"Boundary Zone 3". Other times it says "Seven Sisters", "Tottenham Hale",
"Northumberland Park" or "White Hart Lane". I assume it's a case of the
ticket seller either knowing how to issue BZ tickets or, if they don't,
just guessing what the appropriate destination should be.

Is this because they don't know, or because it involves pressing too many
buttons, or is there actually a good reason for it?

I have always assumed that its to stop you taking a journey round the
outside of zone 6 by NR, by issuing to a particular station just inside zone
6, the permitted route rules can be enforced easier. The fares manual
clearly states that fares to zone boundaries are not to be sold - that
doesn't mean the ticketing system used by 'one' can't print them...

Paul