Old November 12th 06, 08:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Questions on the 2016 London Transport map esp the trams

AstraVanMan wrote:
"Tristán White" wrote:
Just had another look at what is without a doubt my favourite London
transport map:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/pdf/press-releases/putting-transport-onthemap.pdf

It's how the network SHOULD look in 2016. I love the map.

One thing that made me wonder about things is Dalston Junction. Have the
Crossrail 2 plans gone to pot?

No - but Crossrail 1 is very much the focus. In fact, I heard the other
day that some amendments were being made to the CR2 safeguarding to keep
it up to date - not sure exactly what, but it's still alive - just in
hibernation.

Construction on CR2 would never begin before CR1 construction ended -
there just aren't the resources for it. However, it would be entirely
possible to roll the CR1 construction team straight on to CR2, saving a
lot of time (and possibly money). ISTR a suggestion that the Olympic
construction team was rolled straight on to CR1 in the same way.

--
Dave Arquati