Old November 13th 06, 12:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tristán White Tristán White is offline

Default NLL Closure / DLR to Stratford International

"Paul Scott" wrote in
:

Will the NLL services continue to use platforms 1 & 2 from December
10th, or are they moving elsewhere (11?) immediately?

On a similar note, what is actually going to happen to the existing
platforms at Canning Town and elsewhere? Are they just going to sit there
and rot? Are the public going to allowed up there any more?

Since the plan is for Crossrail to go from Whitechapel via Isle of Dogs and
Custom House for ExCeL to Abbey Wood, is it geographically impossible for
the line to go via (and stop) at Canning Town (which is, after all, with
its City Airport link, becoming a major TFL hub in its own right?)

Geographically it may be impossible.

But imagine the distance it will cut between Canning Town and Whitechapel.
Currently that involves taking the JLE to West Ham and changing for the
District Line.

It would really make it easy to go from Liverpool Street to City Airport
and back - take the Crossrail to Canning Town and change.

:-)

I know, as a Canning Town (nearby) resident, I'm trying to big up the area
and make it even more of an important place - I have a hidden agenda ;-))

But to be honest, if there's a big platform not being used at what has
rapidly become a major interchange station such as Canning Town, and
Crossrail is going from Liverpool Street etc to ExCeL anyway........

:-))

I expect that geographically it's impossible though. Haven't seen the exact
location of the (future) Crossrail route - assuming all goes to plan.