Old November 13th 06, 03:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] patrick1971@gmail.com is offline

Default NLL Closure / DLR to Stratford International

Paul Scott wrote:
DLR have convinced the DfT that they undertook a full consultation,
including 100% coverage of homes in the area. You must have been out when
this happened, if you are new to the area, then unlucky, you missed it....

'In October 2004, a leaflet describing the proposals was distributed to over
40,000 households and businesses within the catchment area of the proposal.
This was followed by presentations at various local forums in late 2004.
In February 2005, a second leaflet describing station options was
distributed to households and businesses within the station catchment areas.
This was followed by a number of local open workshops in early March 2005 to
gauge comments and issues. In July 2005 the selected locations for new
stations were presented to local residents, with plans and artists
impressions.'

As someone who has had to run large-scale public consultations in the
past, and making no comment on the original poster, I'd just like to
say that even if someone personally went around to every one of the
40,000 households, sat down with the householder and talked them
through it, you would still find people saying there had been no
consultation.

The current plans for the redevelopment of Lewisham town centre are a
classic example. I've had god knows how many leaflets and brochures
through my door, even though I don't live in Lewisham itself, just in
the borough. There are posters up in many places, there's a website,
there have been at least five roadshows in the Lewisham Centre plus a
series of public meetings and focus groups. Yet at the last public
meeting, there were still people there who said they knew nothing about
it.

Patrick