Old November 13th 06, 07:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tristán White Tristán White is offline

Default NLL Closure / DLR to Stratford International

"brixtonite" wrote in
ups.com:

Indeed the situation will be just the same as now if you're going into
town. If you're heading to Beckton or King George V, however, it will
become rather less convenient - since the first train could leave from
either the current DLR platform or the current NLL platform, and the
two are rather far apart!

Thanks. I guess the same will happen if you're going from Canning Town to
Stratford - which platform to go to.

(As is at the moment with the NLL and JLE, but there's not much competition
from NLL for this short route unless the JLE is suspended).

All the more reason for hoping that there'll be a big, useful, informative
dot matrix display showing the times of the next Beckton/KGeorge V train,
and the next Stratford train, on the ticket office level.

It will prove useful, and mean people won't be running from one platform to
another when they realise that one line has problems and the next one is in
1 minute on the other platform!!

Will it happen? I hope so!! But I won't cross my fingers. I haven't seen
much collaboration between the tube lines and the DLL lines when it comes
to signage (how easy would it be to have that board with GOOD SERVICE
written on it to include the DLR?!)

Even on the tubes, they can't always do something simple to help customers.
I remember often arriving at Euston and not knowing which branch to take -
and no information regarding which one had the next train. Whereas Camden
Town has the perfect solution: a nice board in the middle with the next
train clearly pointed out.