Old November 14th 06, 03:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default NLL Closure / DLR to Stratford International

Paul Scott wrote:
"PhilD" wrote in message
oups.com...

solar penguin wrote:
They're NOT moving it. These will be additional DLR platforms for
the new DLR service to Stratford International (For Olympic
Stadium) or whatever it's called this week.

That's right. The service will be "as is", with the *addition* of a
Stratford - Canning Town - Beckton-or-King George
V-I-can't-remember-which service (the latter, I think).

PhiLD

Both - there will be a complex juntion south of Canning Town allowing
for the 4 possible routes.

Are they planning to run all four routes regularly? If so, it would be
better for passengers if the northbound tracks had their junction south of
the station, and the southbound tracks had their junction north of the
station. But that would require building new DLR platforms at approximately
the same height as the existing DLR platforms... and then the tracks
probably wouldn't fit beneath the road bridge to the north.