Old October 11th 03, 04:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Bikes on Thameslink

Huge wrote:
Helen Deborah Vecht writes:
(Huge)typed

AFAIK, bicycles are not allowed on the Circle Line.

Oh yes they are!

Are they? That's a pity. Why should people be allowed to transport
large, sharp, oily, dirty pieces of machinery for free in confined
spaces with fare-paying members of the public?

Bicycles are not allowed on the _underground_ sections
of 'deep tube' lines (Northern, Central, Piccadilly, Victoria,
Jubilee & Bakerloo) at any time but are allowed off-peak on the
Metropolitan, Hammersmith & City, District

All of those I understand. The trains are, well, train sized.

But so are the trains on the Circle line, which are identical to those on
H&C and some on the District. They've got more standing space (or space for
bikes) than the Metropolitan trains.
--
Richard J.