Old November 15th 06, 08:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Stratford Central Line signal

TheOneKEA wrote:
Boltar wrote:

wrote:
It wasn't appropriate to use yellow, as on traditional signalling
systems that would indicate to the driver that he was clear to the
next signal.

They should have chosen something other than white though. If theres
any colour that could be confused at a distance with lots of other
normal lights nearby its a white.

One would have thought so, but I think you'll find that white signals are
already used on tram systems, e.g. Croydon and Bordeaux to my knowledge.
Presumably the potential confusion has been investigated and found to be not
a problem in practice.

What was wrong with blue or purple
for example?

Nothing. In fac rumour has it that the white aspects are going to be
replaced with blue aspects, to match the blue aspects to be used on
the VLU signalling.

VLU?

--
Richard J.