Old November 16th 06, 12:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mark Robinson Mark Robinson is offline

Default Commuting from MKC - EUS

Neil Williams wrote:

A surprisingly good location

Apropos of nothing at all, and completely off topic, but since
you're an MK resident, Neil, I'll ask anyway...

I was reading a 1972 issue of /Practical Electronics/ t'other day,
as you do. A news article revealed that in the progressive new
city of MK, as well as 'phone lines the GPO would be installing
a co-ax cable to the houses. The writer couldn't think of any
immediate use, apart from the ever thrilling possibility of having
your gas meter read remotely, but was sure that lots of uses would
be found, including the new Viewdata terminals that were just
around the corner (I believe it was actually 1975 before Prestel
was launched).

Does that infrastructure still exist, and has anyone found a use
for it yet?

Cheers

mark-r

--