Old November 16th 06, 08:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Vandalism at North Acton

On 16 Nov 2006 09:10:12 -0800, "TheOneKEA" wrote:

quote
LUL : Service Disruption on the Central Line

The Central Line has a suspended service between North Acton Station
and Ealing Broadway Station in both directions.

This will affect journeys from 16:25 on 16/11/06 until further notice.

This is due to vandalism at North Acton Station.
/quote

Is there any information available as to what has happened?

No detail until tomorrow but a piece of wild speculation on my part is
that something to do with the signalling or power system was wrecked or
stolen [1] overnight. If it had been a relatively easy fix services
would not have been out for the time they have been. The Central Line
has been having a torrid time of it lately.

[1] I raise the stolen issue because Tramlink recently suffered theft of
parts of its electrical distribution and bonding system and that took
the network out for at least a day.

--
Paul C