Old November 16th 06, 10:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default Vandalism at North Acton

In message , Paul Corfield
writes

No detail until tomorrow but a piece of wild speculation on my part is
that something to do with the signalling or power system was wrecked or
stolen [1] overnight. If it had been a relatively easy fix services
would not have been out for the time they have been. The Central Line
has been having a torrid time of it lately.

[1] I raise the stolen issue because Tramlink recently suffered theft of
parts of its electrical distribution and bonding system and that took
the network out for at least a day.

The word is that some traction current cable went 'missing'