Old November 17th 06, 08:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

Default Tony Blair support for Crossrail

David Boothroyd wrote:

..

Actually there is a lot happening. Just because they haven't turned
over a sod of earth yet doesn't mean nothing is going on.

I actually prefer major construction projects to have settled plans
and permission from all landowners involved before they start being
built.

I always find it rather bizarre that the planners will spend decades
postulating about something then give some poor contractor the job of
implementing the scheme on a tight schedule, keep interfering with the
implementation then beat the contractor up when the project gets
delayed.
I always think wouldn't it be great if they spent half as long screwing
around before construction starts then allow longer to do the difficult
stuff.
What the betting that the Olympics are finished in one final mad dash
with hundreds of millions of lottery money being thrown at it to finish
on time. Come to think of it we know that already.

Kevin