Old November 17th 06, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jim Jim is offline

Default The Shape of Transport to come (MonoMetro etc)

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dave Arquati wrote:

Another irritation for office workers or residents of flats and houses
next to a monorail route is that their reasonably private first or
second floor room suddenly becomes a fishbowl for thousands of people
gawping in every hour.

Singapore has an interesting solution to that; their residential-zone
"mini-metros" have LCD windows, which are automatically blacked out at
predefined locations where privacy might be an issue.

Neil

I live on the (raised) first floor and I'd love a monorail gliding past
every 5 minutes - and if the passengers get the occasional eyeful, good for
them!