Old October 11th 03, 07:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive R Robertson Clive R Robertson is offline

Default Bikes on Thameslink

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:54:24 +0100, "Steve Naïve"
wrote:

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote in
:

(Huge)typed

AFAIK, bicycles are not allowed on the Circle Line.

Oh yes they are! Bicycles are not allowed on the _underground_ sections
of 'deep tube' lines (Northern, Central, Piccadilly, Victoria, Jubilee &
Bakerloo) at any time but are allowed off-peak on the Metropolitan,
Hammersmith & City, District and the Circle line. They are allowed on
the overground sections of tube lines off-peak.

And not allowed on DLR, despite what the LU barrier staff say at Stratford,
even though you check with them before buying a ticket and need to get to
Greenwich.

Nor on Tramlink.

Note that restrictions do not apply to *folded* bicycles. I personally
(as a Brompton owner) would suggest using a cover in the rush hours,
to avoid negative feelings from other passengers. (I have a cover, but
don't bother with it off-peak.)

Regards,

Clive

--
The fastest AS/400 programmer in the west! | Note -- spamtrap in use.
| Use the Reply-to address.
For details of a West London National Trust property, |
visit
http://www.osterleypark.org.uk/ | What -- me worry?