Old November 17th 06, 09:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Question on smoking in railway stations

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:51:54 +0000, Christian Hansen
wrote:

I am working near Victoria now and when I go to the station to get lunch I'm
often reminded that smoking is still permitted in railway stations.

It's permitted in *most* *mainline* stations. Some are covered by the
Fire Precaution legislation - Liverpool St and Birmingham New St are two
that spring to mind. The remodelled St Pancras will be completely non
smoking when Eurostar arrives there. The Tube and DLR have a complete
ban IIRC.

However, I was wondering if when smoking is banned in pubs and the like next
year will it be banned in railway stations as well? I've done a google but
haven't had any joy.

I have no idea at all but it's an interesting question.

Anyone know or can point me to a source of information?

This is the Government consultation document.

http://www.dh.gov.uk/assetRoot/04/13/73/26/04137326.pdf

--
Paul C