Old November 17th 06, 10:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Frimberley Peter Frimberley is offline

Default Question on smoking in railway stations

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:51:54 +0000, Christian Hansen
wrote:

I am working near Victoria now and when I go to the station to get lunch I'm
often reminded that smoking is still permitted in railway stations.

However, I was wondering if when smoking is banned in pubs and the like next
year will it be banned in railway stations as well? I've done a google but
haven't had any joy.

Unfortunately I think it will be enforced about as much as the ban on
the use of mobile phones whilst driving is, i.e. the odd show trial
but basically just another piece of law that'll be completely
forgotten about after a month or so.

It might be better enforced in small venues like pubs and restaurants
where licencees and their staff can theoretically be punished, but
that said, go to some of the pubs in Watford or many other city
centres and see how well age laws are enforced - i.e. barely.