Old November 18th 06, 09:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default FCC new stock

TheOneKEA wrote:

This will probably only happen if FCC decides to dump its 313s as
well, which I personally feel is not likely to happen until the T&GN
franchise is fully joined up by the Thameslink 3000 project. Once that
happens I would not be surprised if the 313s and 319s are replaced en
masse.

We agree on the timing (I mentioned post-TL2K funding) but I don't agree on
stock. I think that the replacement programme is more likely to be a
standard outer-suburban variant to replace the 317s/319s/365s with a common
vehicle and an inner-suburban variant to replace the 313s (and possibly the
319s that work the Sutton loop services, which is more 'inner-suburban'). I
suggested slightly flippantly that the Bombardier Electrostar in its 375 and
376 forms might fit the bill (giving commonality of spares) but you rightly
remind me about the Moorgate tunnel problem, which I'd forgotten about.