Old November 20th 06, 12:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David of Broadway David of Broadway is offline

Default Arrrrrrrrgh

Robin Mayes wrote:
"David of Broadway" wrote in message

You want to assume dishonesty? Fine. Install Oyster readers on the
trains themselves. If your station doesn't have a reader, you can touch
in or out when you enter or exit the train. Anybody who fails to touch in
and out, regardless of fare type (PAYG or Travelcard), is fined.

So how many readers do you propose installing in each carriage to deal with
peak loadings and how do you propose to deal with the increased dwell time
whilst customers alighting ensure they swipe?

Two by each door (one on each side).

I don't know what kind of increased dwells we're looking at. How long
does it take to touch in or out? This is only an issue at stations
without Oyster readers, which are presumably the less busy ones.
--
David of Broadway
New York, NY, USA