Old November 21st 06, 09:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Wood Lane & Shepherds Bush Market

"Richard J." wrote in message
Paul Scott wrote:
confirmed as names of stations on Hammersmith & City Line in TfL press
release:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...t.asp?prID=941

"Wood Lane on the Hammersmith & City line was badly damaged by fire in
1959 and subsequently demolished." It may have been Wood Lane once, but
I'm sure it was White City when it closed.

There is no mention of an interchange with White City Central Line station
next door. Has this been dropped? If not, why isn't the new station to
be called "White City"?

--
Richard J.

Yes, the London Railway atlas by Joe Brown, shows the earlier station on the
H&C (which was further south, behind where the BBC are now), opened as Wood
Lane in 1908 and had been renamed White City before closure in 1959.

I don't think there have ever been plans for an internal interchange between
the new station and the Central line's White City, which probably means it
is more sensible to have different names.

Paul S