Old October 12th 03, 12:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail preferred route

In article ,
(CJC) wrote:

Heathrow is already accommodated well enough in my view.

I disagree. The Piccadilly is slow, cramped and often overcrowded.
HEx only goes to Paddington. If Heathrow is not to be utterly swamped
by road traffic when T5 opens (and, God forbid, if a third main runway
is built), then you must improve rail access. Note that Crossrail
will *replace* HEx.

I didn't realise that Crossrail was going to replace HEx. The
Piccadilly Line should have been four-tracked from Northfields to
Heathrow when the extension to the airport was being built, the
District could have taken over the Uxbridge branch and fast and slow
services could have run from the airport on the piccadilly, fast
stopping at Acton and Hammersmith only.

A third runway is being built isn't it? On the news it said between
the M4 and A4.

Heathrow needs a through station with intercity services. Anything else
will fail to distribute its passengers adequately.

--
Colin Rosenstiel