Old November 24th 06, 02:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Premature T5 diagram at Ealing Common

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 15:11:57 GMT, d wrote:

Oh well that's a bit of work to get sorted out tomorrow! While I admire
the forward planning you might imagine someone would think to blank it
over until the place actually opens.

This would be the same line where you can still spot 'Aldwych' on some
of the wall maps, yeah?

I've heard of that quite often, but I've yet to see one - where are they?

Many of the line diagrams at stations are pre-1994 and still feature
the Aldwych branch, blanked out with a large white sticker.
Occasionally these manage to become un-blanked for a while, until
someone notices and gets round to covering it up again. I sometimes
wonder whether it's vandals or enthusiasts who remove the stickers.
;-)

As for specific locations, the one at Oakwood (I think) was proudly
showing Aldwych the other day.