Old November 24th 06, 08:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default BBC News - "Mayor calls for music-free buses"

AndyColeman wrote:
I have never understood the attraction of listening to music coming out
of some small device such as a mobile phone using it's built in
speaker.

If you were listening to these tunes, you wouldn't appreciate music.

Usualy the quality of the sound is terrible and I think in

Decent speakers wouldn't make any difference

most cases people do it just to draw attention to themselves.

Of course, it's "Look at me, I'm a ******!"

Sadly it seems to work, some scum at Tonbridge the other week were
hanging arround. Another scum came along and stood some distance away,
playing some tinny noise. A couple of minutes later the first group of
scum go over and start talking about how good it is.