Old November 25th 06, 11:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
AstraVanMan AstraVanMan is offline

Default Travelcard coming from outside London, not going via a London Terminal

"Paul Corfield" wrote:
I tried to make the subject line longer, honestly I did.....

I'm travelling from Bracknell to Teddington Studios tonight, and was
wondering if there's any sort of travelcard I can get that only restricts
me
to outer zones? I'll basically need something that combines a return on
the
train from Bracknell to Twickenham and a bus return from Twickenham to
Teddington Lock.

Why not change to a Kingston train at Twickenham and go through to
Teddington? It's only a short walk on from the station.

Because it's still a good 10 minute walk from Teddington station to the
studios, plus the trains come in to Twickenham from Bracknell at 11 and 41
minutes past the hour, and trains to Teddington are 5 and 35 minutes past
the hour, so whatever the case it'd be the best part of half an hour wait
for the connecting train. Buses are every 8 minutes and stop virtually
right outside the studios.

As it happened I was advised to avoid Twickenham due to the Rugby (non-issue
as it happened due to the time I travelled vs time the game started), so I
got off at Feltham and got the 285 bus. £4.50 CDR to Feltham plus two lots
of £1.50 for the bus - still cheaper than a £9.25 travelcard. And coming
back I walked into Teddington as there were no buses on their way, waited no
longer than 3 minutes for a bus, and the train pulled in to Feltham just as
I walked into the station. Sorted, respect due.

--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."