Old November 26th 06, 09:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
thoss thoss is offline

Default Does anyone know what is up with the Central Line at the moment?

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 Nigel Pendse wrote:

"James Farrar" wrote in message

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 20:16:16 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 19:04:33 +0000, James Farrar
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 18:47:27 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 18:42:57 +0000, James Farrar
wrote:

On 24 Nov 2006 01:50:47 -0800, "alex_t"
wrote:

Well, whatever was the result of new timetable - now LU has
convenient excuse of vandalism ;-)

"CENTRAL LINE: Suspended between North Acton and Ealing Broadway
due to vandalism at North Acton with severe delays on the rest
of the line."

Again?

Yes again.

Do we suspect it might be the same vandals?

I don't know and have heard nothing on that subject.

OK, thanks for the info. Your grapevine is better than mine

What did the thieves nick? I travelled on the Picc over the Central at
Acton today and saw a large workforce busily at work with cranes, lots
of wagons and battery locos. It looked like they were replacing ballast
and track, rather than just a few cables (unless they were burying
them).

According to last week's local paper, they didn't nick anything. They
tried, got as far as cutting the cables, were then disturbed and fled.
--
Thoss