Old November 26th 06, 02:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
AstraVanMan AstraVanMan is offline

Default Travelcard coming from outside London, not going via a London Terminal

"tim(yet another new home)" wrote:
As it happened I was advised to avoid Twickenham due to the Rugby
(non-issue as it happened due to the time I travelled vs time the game
started), so I got off at Feltham and got the 285 bus. £4.50 CDR to
Feltham plus two lots of £1.50 for the bus - still cheaper than a £9.25
travelcard. And coming back I walked into Teddington as there were no
buses on their way, waited no longer than 3 minutes for a bus, and the
train pulled in to Feltham just as I walked into the station. Sorted,
respect due.

You need to get yourself an Oyster with a couple of quid on it.

Aye, think you're right there. It's something I've picked up a leaflet for
but not bothered doing anything with. I know some others who regularly go
into London from well outside Greater London who do things that way (i.e.
regular return to the London terminus then do the rest on Oyster) - should
be worthwhile, though possibly not that much saved as long as I've got a
young persons' railcard.

--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."