Old November 27th 06, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Updated (ATOC) Staff Guide to Oyster (long)

On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 11:35:05AM +0000, Ken Wheatley wrote:

Barry can contradict me here, but I don't think the situation
described precludes you from getting your balance adjusted via the
helpline.

Is that the helpline that one has to pay to call, and which takes time
to call?

It's hard to see how suitable procedures could be devised to
handle all conceivable outbreaks of disruption without opening the
floodgates to the dishonest minority.

Seems to work OK for paper tickets. If the trains are broken, the
ticket is accepted on relevant bus routes, with no extra fees and no
hassle.