Old November 29th 06, 08:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Philip K Philip K is offline

Default Updated (ATOC) Staff Guide to Oyster (long)

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 23:40:02 +0000, Barry Salter
wrote:

When a card holder 'touches in' at the start of their Journey an Entry
Charge is debited from the balance on their Oyster card as their
authority to travel - the Entry Charge represent(sic) a "Right to
Travel" and is NOT a ticket. From 19th November 2006, the Entry Charge
will be £5 at the following stations:

[...]
London Kings Cross (suburban platforms 9 - 11)

My daily commute (by FCC, not on an Oyster card) terminates at Platform
9 at King's Cross. I don't believe that I have ever seen any Oyster
touch in/out devices there.

Have they not been installed yet, or am I just not very observant?

--
Philip

[Don't top post. Quote selectively. Don't use HTML. Enjoy Usenet]